GP Practice VacanciesBack to listing
Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Greenfield Medical Practice
|Contact Emailemail@example.com or Archana.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Organisation||Greenfield Medical Practice|
Overview of the Practice:
We are passionate about the patient journey, striving to ensure the delivery of care is safe, effective and of a high quality. We want our services to reach every member of our practice population taking into account the patients individual needs.
Overview of the role:
The post-holder will:
• Provide the choice of direct access to a ANP in the Practice, over the telephone, and potentially on home visits for the general practice population.
• Make professionally autonomous decisions for which he/she is accountable.
• Provide a first point of contact within the Practice for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, making use of skills in history taking, physical examination, problem-solving and clinical decision-making, to establish a diagnosis and management plan.
• Instigate necessary diagnostic tests or investigations and interprete findings/reports.
• Be an independent prescriber : to prescribe safe, effective and appropriate medication as defined by current good practice
• Provide safe, evidence-based, cost-effective, individualised patient care.
• Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support, which includes advice on prevention and self-care.
• Promote health and well-being through the use of health promotion, health education, screening and therapeutic communication skills
• Refer patients directly to other clinicians, services/agencies as appropriate
• Dependant on competencies, the post holder may be directed to lead on long-term condition areas such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, coronary heart disease, heart failure, diabetes and hypertension)
• Work with nursing, medical and health care assistant colleagues to ensure that National Service Frameworks (eg Coronary Heart Disease/Older People/ Diabetes /Mental Health) and Admissions Avoidance Enhanced Services are delivered.
• Work with multi-disciplinary team within the Practice, and across wider Primary Care, to promote integrated and seamless pathways of care.
• Contribute to the practice achieving its quality targets to sustain the high standards of patient care and service delivery
• Participate in identification of community health needs and develop patient/family-centred strategies to address them
• Help develop and set up new patient services and participate in initiatives to improve existing patient services