GP Practice VacanciesBack to listing
Salaried GP, Grange Farm Medical Centre
|Organisation||Grange Farm Medical Centre|
Position: Salaried GP
Practice: Grange Farm Medical Centre
Hours: 6 sessions (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Overview of the Practice:
- APMS practice set up in Bilborough by the partners at Derby Road Health Centre to address health inequalities in the area as identified in the Darzi report (life expectancy 10 years lower than the national average)
- The practice started with a zero patient base in 2011 and now has 6000 patients
- The practice uses SystmOne and is clinically staffed by 5 GPs (1 x Derby Road Health Centre GP Partner & 4 x salaried GPs), 1 permanent ANP and 1 long term locum ANP, 2 Practice Nurses, 2 HCA’s and a phlebotomist.
- Via the Primary Care Network (PCN) we also have a Clinical Pharmacist working within the practice covering most of the medication queries, seeing patients for medication reviews, monitoring DMARDs and controlled drug prescribing to ensure compliance.
- Our supportive admin team utilises workflow optimisation which has greatly reduced the amount of correspondence the GPs have to fit into their busy workload. Also due to the introduction of standardised templates via F12 and Lexacom dictation the referral process has been streamlined to reduce workload.
- We are part of the Nottingham City GP Alliance (NCGPA) which is a federation offering support and services to member practices and their patients in the area, including evening and weekend appointments.
- Our salaried GPs receive 6 weeks paid annual leave and 1 week paid study leave per annum
- As a practice we promote development of all our staff and would encourage and support learning of additional skills
Overview of the role:
- 6 session salaried post to cover Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- All our GPs take part in our On-Call rota (routinely one day a week) where the afternoon appointments are mainly embargoed for use on the day for clinically necessary reasons only.
- Daily visits are shared between available clinicians
- General GP duties, including but not limited to – consulting patients both face to face and via telephone consultations, signing prescriptions FP10 and EPS, requesting tests via ICE system, referrals, correspondence, medical reports, home visits and cremation forms.
- You will be invited to attend the monthly PLT events and also our in-house multi-disciplinary team meetings
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 29th February 2020