GP Practice VacanciesBack to listing
Practice Liaison Officer, Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee
|Organisation||Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee|
|Salary||£35,000 per annum|
Main purpose of job: To provide a range of support services to GP practices across Nottinghamshire
a)Responsible to: Michael Wright, Chief Executive
b)Liaison with: LMC Head of Operations, All members of the LMC team
Main tasks of job:
- Dealing with routine enquiries from GPs, practice managers, CCGs, NHS England, The CQC, and others
- Giving advice to practices and convening meetings to discuss them where necessary on areas such as (but not exclusive to) GP contracts (GMS/PMS/APMS), premises, finances, quality and regulation, salaried GP contracts, business development, Information Management and IT projects, staffing, enhanced services etc.
- Maintaining, developing and raising the LMC’s profile via visits to GP practices throughout the area and through regular interaction with GPs and practice managers
- Representing the LMC on specific committees and working groups
- Maintaining links with practices, PCNs NHS England, CCGs, The CQC, local NHS bodies, other LMCs and the GPC. Consulting, cooperating and negotiating with these external bodies
- Attending LMC Open and Company meetings, NHS England updates, meetings with CCGs, Joint Primary Care Commissioning Committee, CHP, NHS Property Services, Local Authority, practice manager forums and other meetings as required
- Representing practices and individuals in discussions and supporting them in disputes with NHS England and CCGs as appropriate
- Facilitating, chairing of meetings as required and delivering presentations as appropriate.
- Identifying practices that have a need for help and initiating the support required as appropriate
- Keeping up-to-date with all factors affecting primary care including national and local contract changes, initiatives etc.
- Supporting practices in their preparations for Care Quality Commission inspections and observing inspections at the request of the practices
- Providing mediation in internal practice disputes
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.