Supporting Nottinghamshire GPs to discover joy in their work and find a better working life
Find out all the latest training opportunities for GPs across Nottinghamshire. They include clinical specialist and generalised training as well as specific skills development.
Some opportunities will have discounts for those who access them through the service, so get in touch for more information on each opportunity.
- The NHS Leadership Academy has an action learning set facilitator programme which puts you at the heart of developing the future leaders of the NHS. This opportunity provides you with personal development on the Graduate Management Training Scheme (GMTS).
- Thrive have a new dynamic programme of online education courses in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) and Green Care. This informs you about how it works, who it can help, and what the research shows about its effectiveness. This opportunity will support individuals to begin using and improve the way they already use horticulture for health.
View the most recent prospects around Nottinghamshire, including GP practice vacancies and opportunities for portfolio working within Nottinghamshire. Please note that opportunities can be paid or voluntary.
To find out more about each vacancy and how to apply, get in touch with GP Portfolio Plus.
- International GP Recruitment Programme Interview Panel. The BMA is looking for expressions of interest to be a part of the interview panel. The idea is for candidates to be interviewed by professionals from the regions they will be working in. This is a voluntary position. Please contact us if you would like to express interest or discuss this further.
- Local prisons in Nottinghamshire are looking to recruit GPs on a sessional basis for routine GP patients only. Working hours are 8am-2pm with excellent hourly rates, 15-minute appointments, flexible working, and peer support from other local GPs. This is a paid opportunity. Please contact us if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Thrivia are looking for Remote Freelance GPs to review their client’s blood tests and provide structured, easy-to-understand reports for them using their online portal. They provide indemnity to cover GPs working for them for claims up to the value of 10 million pounds. Thrivia would like a minimum commitment of ten hours a week. This is a paid opportunity. Please contact us if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Chair of the Healthwatch Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Board The role of Chair is supported by an Honorarium and additional expenses will be paid. The duties of the Chair will take approximately six days per month (or 45 hours per month) flexible commitment. This role is suitable for those who have previous experience in leadership roles. Please contact us if you are interested in this opportunity.
Nottinghamshire GP Practice Vacancies Nottinghamshire LMC’s Job Vacancies Page contains more general positions available in the area, including Salaried GP and Locum posts.
These links will help you explore the opportunities that are available within general practice, from a range of portfolio options to how to specialise in your current role.
Blogs and articles of interest
Blogs and media articles showcasing how and why GPs have made changes in their career which has led them to a happier and healthier career path.
- Doctor-turned-career coach Evgenia Galinskaya has a series of excellent and inspiring blogs covering alternative careers for doctors
- Dr Kate White talks about alternative careers on her blog and website
- Dr Karen Morton, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist gives her insight into medicine and alternative careers for doctors.
- Dr Zaid Al-Najjar explains what his role as a medico-legal adviser involves and how he still practices as a GP.
- The Wellbeing GP is a great Facebook page run by Dr Helen Garr for general wellbeing for GPs
- Dr Anna Cumisky explains the practical steps GPs can take to help make the transition to locuming a success.
Find out all about potentially useful events open to GPs, from conferences around the country to local university run events.
To find out more about each event, get in touch with the portfolio plus team.
- The International Practitioner Health Summit 2018: The Wounded Healer This event runs from Thursday 4 October 2018 — Friday 5 October at 30 Euston Square, London. We can secure discounts for Nottinghamshire GPs who would like to attend, contact us to book your place.
- Next Generation GP have a limited number of fully-funded places for their events in Nottingham. The events will be held on weekday evenings, from 6:30pm – 9:00pm. Participants will need to commit to attending 4 out of 5 sessions, and participate in an evaluation process. Full course costs are paid but travel costs cannot be reimbursed. Deadline for application is Friday 03 August. Contact us for more information.
GP Portfolio Plus Newsletter
The GP Portfolio Plus initiative aims to help GPs form portfolio careers that work for them. This is exclusively for Nottinghamshire GPs and as a member, you can have access to a personalised one to one with an experienced GP Colleague. They can help to identify any relevant opportunities you may be interested in and help you determine the best way forward for you.
We will be publishing a monthly electronic GP Portfolio Plus Newsletter starting on 6 July 2018.
The GP Portfolio Newsletter will showcase some of the opportunities we have to offer from new career opportunities and training to various events you may be interested in attending.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.