Supporting Nottinghamshire GPs to discover joy in their work and find a better working life
Find out all the latest training opportunities for GPs across Nottinghamshire. They include clinical specialist and generalised training as well as specific skills development.
Some opportunities will have discounts for those who access them through the service, so get in touch for more information on each opportunity.
- The NHS Leadership Academy has an action learning set facilitator programme which puts you at the heart of developing the future leaders of the NHS. This opportunity provides you with personal development on the Graduate Management Training Scheme (GMTS).
- Thrive have a new dynamic programme of online education courses in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) and Green Care. This informs you about how it works, who it can help, and what the research shows about its effectiveness. This opportunity will support individuals to begin using and improve the way they already use horticulture for health.
- The Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee can offer a range of free learning and development opportunities available to Nottinghamshire LMC membership practices. These are subject to availability through the East Midlands Leadership Academy. Click here to view the courses available to you. Please contact us to apply for a course.
View the most recent prospects around Nottinghamshire, including GP practice vacancies and opportunities for portfolio working within Nottinghamshire. Please note that opportunities can be paid or voluntary.
To find out more about each vacancy and how to apply, get in touch with GP Portfolio Plus.
- Local prisons in Nottinghamshire are looking to recruit GPs on a sessional basis for routine GP patients only. Working hours are 8am-2pm with excellent hourly rates, 15-minute appointments, flexible working, and peer support from other local GPs. This is a paid opportunity. Please contact us if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Chair of the Healthwatch Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Board The role of Chair is supported by an Honorarium and additional expenses will be paid. The duties of the Chair will take approximately six days per month (or 45 hours per month) flexible commitment. This role is suitable for those who have previous experience in leadership roles. Please contact us if you are interested in this opportunity.
- The GMC are always on the lookout for talented and passionate people to join them in protecting patients and improving medical education and practice across the UK. There are many roles offered to you as a GMC Associate, contact us for more information.
- Mobile Medical Reports are looking for doctors nationwide to carry out Medical Examination Reports for individuals requiring medical screening assessments. They offer doctors on the panel generous remuneration for completed Medical Examination Reports. They also provide mileage reimbursement. Contact us for more information.
- BUPA has advocated and sessional roles in Nottinghamshire to cover some ad hoc sessions to see their health assessment customers. During the session, there may also be 1-2 private GP appointments which are either 15 or 30 minutes. This is a paid opportunity, contact us for more information.
Nottinghamshire GP Practice Vacancies Nottinghamshire LMC’s Job Vacancies Page contains more general positions available in the area, including Salaried GP and Locum posts.
These links will help you explore the opportunities that are available within general practice, from a range of portfolio options to how to specialise in your current role.
- The RCGP has developed a framework in partnership with NHS England, which describes a new approach to the accreditation of GPwERs and is aligned to the appraisal and revalidation process.
In this section, you will find the secondment opportunities available to you.
We currently do not have any secondment opportunities to show you, we will update this section when more opportunities become available.
Blogs and articles of interest
Blogs and media articles showcasing how and why GPs have made changes in their career which has led them to a happier and healthier career path.
- Doctor-turned-career coach Evgenia Galinskaya has a series of excellent and inspiring blogs covering alternative careers for doctors
- Dr Kate White talks about alternative careers on her blog and website
- Dr Karen Morton, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist gives her insight into medicine and alternative careers for doctors.
- Dr Zaid Al-Najjar explains what his role as a medico-legal adviser involves and how he still practices as a GP.
- The Wellbeing GP is a great Facebook page run by Dr Helen Garr for general wellbeing for GPs
- Dr Anna Cumisky explains the practical steps GPs can take to help make the transition to locuming a success.
Find out all about potentially useful events open to GPs, from conferences around the country to local university run events.
To find out more about each event, click the relevant links or get in touch with the GP Portfolio Plus team.
GP Portfolio Plus Newsletter
The GP Portfolio Plus monthly e-newsletter showcases the opportunities we have to offer and the benefits of being a part of the GP Portfolio Plus initiative.
Click here to receive our newsletter.
You can send us feedback regarding your experience with our services by clicking the below link