GP Practice VacanciesBack to listing
Salaried/Partnership GP, High Green Medical Practice
|Organisation||High Green Medical Practice|
|Location||Hyson Green, Nottingham|
Long Term Salaried/Partnership GP Vacancy at the High Green Medical Practice
The Practice is part of NHS Employer’s Targeted Investment in Recruiting Returning Doctors Pilot Scheme with up to £10k relocation expenses and education bursary available for some candidates – namely those on or completed
- Induction and Refresher Scheme
- Returning Doctor (on NPL and out of Practice for less than 24 months.)
For further information – log on to www.differentpractices.co.uk
High Green Medical Practice is one mile North West of the centre of Nottingham and has existed since the 1960s.
The Practice was taken over by the current principle GP – Dr Zahoor Khan in 1988. The Practice area covers Radford, Hyson Green, Forest Fields, New Basford, Aspley and Carrington.
The Practice is two miles from both the Queens Medical Centre campus and the Nottingham City hospital which both form part of the Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust.
High Green Medical Practice is located within The Mary Potter Centre in Hyson Green, Nottingham.
The Mary Potter Centre is a purpose built joint service facility that offers easy convenient and local access to City Council services, local GP practices, Clinics and Nottingham City Homes, all from under one roof.
The practice population consists of circa 9700 patients.
The practice is based in a multicultural inner city part of Nottingham and serves a diverse population ethnically, culturally and linguistically.
Hyson Green is a neighbourhood that is home to a variety of cultures with a thriving local economy and home to major Asian supermarkets, ethnic eateries, supermarkets, general stores with business owners from around the world.
The Nottingham Girls School and Nottingham High Schools are located less than half a mile away. The Forest Recreation Ground within Hyson Green hosts the annual Goose Fair, Park and Ride services with a main Tram station stop leading directly to the City Centre is less than half a mile away and ten minutes’ walk from the Mary Potter Centre.
We are a democratic clinical/non clinical team and are committed to delivering high quality patient care.
The balance between work and home is important to us and we aim to be flexible and understanding of each other’s needs.
There is a strong ethos of learning and development within the Practice. The Practice is a Training Practice. The Practice is highly focused on the education and development of all staff – particularly clinicians to ensure that that we have a team of qualified, experienced and knowledgeable staff serving the Practices patient population.
- The Practice is flexible in number of sessions but requires a minimum of four sessions/week up to eight sessions/week. Each session consists of four hours including one hour for admin time and we require ideally two sessions/day comprising of an eight-hour working day but will consider 1x four hour sessions over a number of days.
- Start time for sessions can be flexible starting from 8.30am earliest and then flexible starting/finishing times up to 5pm/6.30pm/7pm/8pm in order to meet the Practice hours.
- This is a Permanent Position with a view to consider future partnership but willing to consider six month trial period.
- Clinical System- TPP System 1
- Six weeks annual leave and one week study leave pro rata sessions
- Full indemnity cover included for number of GP Sessions agreed.
- Teaching Practice – GPStR, F2, medical students and would support GPs wishing to become a Trainer
- Sessional Rate to be confirmed according to offer of Post accepted
Expressions of interest and application to
Mrs S Khan – Practice Manager
Direct Dial contact – 0115 8838140
Practice Contact – 0115 9422701
Twitter # HighGreenZK
To meet the staff visit: www.differentpractices.co.uk