Resources for GP Partners
In this section, GPs can find helpful information on the essential aspects of their contracts and their day-to-day work.
- Guidance on the basics of a partnership
- Guidance about taking on new partners
- The First Practice Management website produced an article about Practice Managers as Partners while the National Primary and Care Trust Development Programme’s website published one on Nurses becoming Partners.
- Last Partner Standing guidance
General Medical Services
The GMS contract was introduced in 2003 and covers three main areas:
Supporting contract guidance
- Primary Care Contracts – Who Can Hold What?. You can also read more about primary care contracts by clicking here.
- Contractual Issues for GPs
- Focus on outer boundaries
- Guidance on the suspended GP performer
- GP payment and pensions
- Superannuation advice
- Process for maternity, paternity, adoptive and sickness payments. The BMA has also produced guidance on maternity leave, paternity leave and sickness leave.
- All the guidance you need on the Performers List can be found through the highlighted link.